President: Pillar Wealth Group
JP Williams has a passion for helping clients create, pursue, and accomplish their unique financial and life goals. An important part of this process is assisting people in reaching their own definition of fulfillment—and that’s what drew JP to found Pillar Wealth Group and become part of the OneSeven team.
With over 17 years of experience, JP specializes in financial planning, retirement planning, investment management, risk management, college planning, and estate planning. To help clients focus on the most joyful and important aspects of their lives, his approach towards achieving financial wellness integrates values-first approach, life cycle and solution-based planning models. Building relationships throughout this journey—and having honest conversations beyond financials—is the most rewarding part of his job.
JP was born and raised in the Greater Cincinnati area. He received a Bachelor of Science in Business from Miami University. Prior to starting Pillar Wealth Group, JP affiliated with Mid Atlantic Financial Management, Inc. as an independent financial advisor, and First Financial Bank as a Vice President and Wealth Advisor where he led the start-up of Wealth Management services for the company’s Columbus and Central Ohio market. He also spent over ten years at Fidelity Investments as a Financial Consultant working with individuals and families.
JP, his amazing wife Cassie, and their three sons reside in Lewis Center, Ohio. In his free time, JP enjoys sports, traveling, reading, music, and the arts. He’s always had a passion for coaching and mentoring and is an active volunteer and youth coach in his community. The Williams family enjoys getting outdoors throughout every season. With three active boys, Cassie and JP spend countless enjoyable hours attending their boys’ sporting activities.
Words I Live By
- “The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.” – William James
- “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Today, I will be too calm for worry, too noble for anger and too strong for defeat. Today, I will believe anything is possible…I will walk through fear without hesitation. Today, I will stand for something. Today, I will make a difference.” – Clay Aiken
You Should Know…
- I married my high school sweetheart.
- I’m a huge sports fan—Ohio State Buckeye football, Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bengals and Philadelphia Eagles (I lived in both cities), and Duke Basketball to name a few. I live an active lifestyle and enjoy playing sports outside, such as golf and tennis.
- I regularly spent time with the Cincinnati Reds team including Pete Rose when I was a kid during 1987-1988.
My Literary Love
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Physco-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, MD (recent best read this year)
The Best Getaway
- For our 10-year anniversary, my wife and I went to Barcelona and on a Mediterranean cruise to visit Italian cities including Rome, Florence, and Pompei.
- Hilton Head Island summer vacations are our favorite family vacations. I grew up going to Hilton Head for annual summer trips, and enjoy taking this vacation with my own extended family.
My OneSeven Reason
The culture at OneSeven emphasizes the advocacy of my client’s best interests.
I love helping people develop a plan or vision for the life they imagine, and then working alongside them to see that plan become a reality.
At this stage in my career, I wanted to either create, find, or contribute towards building a wealth management culture that was outside the industry norm. I have found it here at OneSeven. It’s a company where I can be transparent and objective, build and cultivate client relationships, and be fully myself.